Specifications
 

 

BODY:1931 Original Steel back Victoria 

Modifications:
The vast majority of the wood substructure was removed and replaced with steel.
The wood sub-floor was exchanged for square tubing knitted together, designed
to strengthen the body and provide solid floor support. The wood “B” pillars were also cut out from the body and steel replacement pillars, exactly duplicating the original pieces, were fabricated and installed,​ greatly strengthening and stiffening the body. This also allowed the new pillars to use the original doorjamb covers and the original door latches giving a stock appearance and keeping to the period. This is just one example of a modification that took many , many hours and will never be noticed except by those with a very discerning eye. The few pieces of wood that were not replaced with steel, were inspected by an experienced cabinet maker and any pieces that were deemed to be questionable were replaced with new red oak.
Steel floors including new doorsills and a transmission tunnel were fabricated and
installed. A 1936 Ford dash was fitted and the gas tank in the cowl was removed. A cowl hoop was fabricated and installed to mount the brake assembly and to facilitate other mountings. The cowl top is removable to access the master cylinder, voltage regulator and other components.

The firewall was custom fabricated and welded from several panels of aluminum and then sent to the polishers. It is removable to ease extraction of the magneto.  The front spreader bar is also removable.

All windows are fully functional and use the original restored risers and handles. All
glass is new, tempered replacement pieces.

A 1932 Ford fuel filler has been recessed high into the rear “bustle” panel with an early
Atlas locking cap. This is intended to look like factory badging and disguise the inlet. The filler feeds the fabricated aluminum fuel tank mounted below the seat, between the rear wheels and forward of the rear to protect it in the event of collision.

The roof insert is supported by Luan plywood which replaces the chicken wire and
prevents the top from ballooning while driving with the windows open.

Fenders:
Original Ford Steel
Bumpers, Spreader Bars: Steel chromed push bar. The bar, taillight and license plate brackets incorporate lightening holes.  Steel chromed removable spreader bar with custom fabricated brackets to match Eelco (nos) tank brackets.
Grill/Grille Shell/ Hood:
Stainless ’32 Ford Grill by Dale mfg.,‘32 Vintique steel shell,  Rootlieb steel hood.
Headlights/Taillights:
Original King Bee headlights mounted on original stretched ’34 Ford truck headlight bar, Vintique ’37 Ford taillights.
Bodywork by:
David Totten, La Habra, Ca., Brandon Winters, Orange Ca.
Paint by:
David Totten, La Habra, Ca.
​Paint: Honduras Maroon -  Acrylic Lacquer
Paint Manufacturer: PPG
Other:
Running boards upholstered white naugahyde.
Undersides of body and fenders are painted White enamel.
Original Eaton gas cap(off of Jimmy’s Hemi Coupe) on cowl.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INTERIOR:

Material/Color:
Naughyde tuck/roll, white
Upholsterer:
“Fat Lucky” Sean Johnstun, Austin Tx. & Los Angeles, Ca
Carpet/Headliner:
Carpet nylon loop, headliner tuck/roll naugahyde
Seat Type/Manufacturer:
Front buckets are 1959 Volvo pv544 on their original seat sliders,rear seat is the modified original Victoria.
Dash Modifications:
1936 Ford dash with waterfall, modified to fit, re-drilled forSW gauges.
Instruments/Gauges:
Stewart Warner Large logo, coffin needle Amp, Oil Pressure,  Water Temperature.
Stewart Warner 10# pressure gauge to monitor pressure in front Moon tank.
Eelco panel  mounted on inside cowl passenger side – SW fuel gauge and SW volt meter.
Tachometer is a Jones mechanical 10 grand . Early Stewart Warner Large Logo 160 mph speedo. All gauges and Eelco panel are nos with exception of Jones tach and volt gauge.
There is a magneto switch originally intended for a WWII B-1 bomber mounted in the dash waterfall. This controls the magneto and also the electric fuel pump. ​This switch is nos.
OTHER:
Early ’60 hand pump mounted under dash for Moon tank
Garnish moldings chromed
Early ’60 lap belts (nos)
Early Ansen Gasser pedal (nos)
Early Ansen pedal linkage, bellcrank (nos)
Steering Wheel/  Column: 1946 Ford wheel and horn ring, both nos. Column is from Limeworks.
Shifter /  Pedals: Shifter is an early Hurst Competition Plus with a 1961 Chevy stick and ’61 chevy ball.
Pedal assembly is Kugel 90 degree, modified with 1960 Chevy  pedals.


 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHASSIS:

Frame: Original 1931 Ford frame extensively modified.
Prior to boxing, steel bulkhead plates were welded in the  “C” channels in a continuing
“WWWWWW” pattern the entire length of the frame. These bulkhead plates were the
height of the depth of the “C” channel filling the channel  but with  a smaller, top center section of these plates extending above the channel equal to the thickness of the boxing plate in the form of a tab. Corresponding slots were then cut into the boxing plates to accept these tabs and when the plates were installed on the frame the taps protruded through their respective plate slots (keyed), and were then tig welded, locking the frame, bulkheads and boxing plates into one solid unit. The object here is to prevent frame twisting under the most severe conditions.The frame was back halved with a small kick up. The tube rear cross member is located behind the rear axle and holds the spring mount that allows the spring to pivot and thereby adjust the pinion angle. A sub-frame of steel tubing spans the rails and includes a drop out transmission mount. A front driveshaft hoop is also installed. Because of the front lift the wishbone mounts had to hang down a bit so to insure their strength each were fabricated from five separate steel pieces while the tapered bungs were turned on the lathe.
Motor mounts, again for strength, were each fabricated from eight separate pieces including sleeving for the lightening holes. Everything is tig welded.

Chassis Fabrication:
Jimmy White and Matt Proctor,Circle City Hot Rods, Orange, Ca.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

FRONT SUSPENSION:

Axle:1937 Ford V8-60 chromed
Spindles/Radius Rods:
Original Ford 1939 spindles chromed, Ford 1940 split wishbones chromed
Spring/Shocks:
Custom arched spring, Pete & Jakes tube shocks chrome
Panhard bar, chromed
Steering Box Type:1940 Ford cross steer

Steering Arm: Custom fabricated due to lift, connected to top of spindle. Chromed


REAR SUSPENSION:

Rearend Housing: Currie 9” smooth rear
Center section / Ratio: Ford 9” Nodular case, 1350 yoke, 3.40:1 polished, Detroit Locker
Axles / Shocks: Currie axles, 31spline, tube shocks
Springs / Radius Rods:
Stock model A spring mounted behind axle with adjustable pinion angle.

Ladder bars, Panhard Bar  & Sway Bar installed

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

BRAKES:
Front: MT 1939 Lincoln hydraulic, backing plates chromed
Rear:  Currie Ford hydraulic 11 inch
Hand Brake: 1959 Austin Healy 3000 (nos)
Brake Pedal Assembly: Kugel 90 degree with ’60 chevy pedals grafted on with (nos) pedal pads

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 WHEELS and TIRES:
Front: Vintique polished aluminum kidney beans 15x4.5
with Firestone ribbed  5.00-15
Rear: Stock steel chromed 7x15 with Hurst cheater slicks
28.25x8x15


----------------------------------------------------------------------------

ENGINE & DRIVETRAIN:

Engine: 1960 Chevy 348 ci. 
Block Mods: Bored & stroked to 408 ci.
Crank / Pistons: Scat stroker crank, Ross forged aluminum pistons
Rods /  Compression Ratio: 6135 H beam rods, 10:1 compression
Cam: Isky 296 hydraulic
Lifters /  Springs: Isky hydraulic
Rockers: Roller rockers
Heads / Valves:  Reworked with 2.19” Stainless Melling valves
Intake Manifold: Edelbrock 2x4
Carburetors /Air Cleaner:
2x4 Edelbrock 500 cfm ea. with 4”marine flame arrestors.
Ignition: Joe Hunt Magneto with tach drive
Oil System / Pan:  409 pan with Melling high performance oil pump.        
Other:
Carter 4070 electric fuel pump
1960 - 40 amp police issue generator (nos)
ARP bolts / studsCustom fabricated motor mounts, chromed
Stock fan,  Generator fan, engine pulleys are chromed
Original AC Oil cap,  early 60’s
Wire hose clamps
Radiator: Walker “Z” with 1961 AC cap (nos)
Wiring:  By Skinny Jeff, Orange, Ca,

----------------------------------------------------------   

   

TRANSMISSION:

Type: Borg Warner T-10
Clutch/ Bellhousing:
McLeod hydraulic clutch & throwout bearing,
Early 60’s two piece Wedge NHRA bellhousing
Flywheel: 11”billet aluminum SFI certified
Driveshaft/Other: Currie driveshaft
Early Hurst competition plus shifter with (nos) shift linkage.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



EXHAUST SYSTEM:
Custom fabricated 2”tubes into side by side collectors by
Jimmy White, Porter ,steel packed dual mufflers
 
Hand bent tubes connect to flanges located on rear side of header collectors and run
behind splash aprons to mufflers then exit at rear of running boards. Muffled
exhaust system is designed to be hidden so that only the headers are seen as
means of exhaust.

Other:
Moon 3.5 gal. 1950's pre-Mooneye logo tank with original re-chromed spinner.
Tank is mounted on Eelco tank mounts (nos).
Sears Platinum battery mounted in rear.Battery shutoff below pushbar.
Remote battery posts located below rear of car.
Fuel shutoff forward of main tank
​Original Coast to Coast 50's License Plate holder